Nomad Global Communication Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matter. Please review our website at http://nomadgcs.com/
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT I
OVERVIEW: Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and/or the Management Staff Accountant, this position performs a variety of accounting functions including, but not limited to preparing and posting entry-level vendor or customer invoices when all of the supporting documentation has been received and compiled, processing payments to vendors or payments received from customers, and maintaining positive, high-quality vendor/customer relations.
· Assists the Finance Department to meet departmental tasks and goals in a team environment.
· Sustain effective work relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation, collaboration, and cooperation are used to solve problems.
· Assists with the preparation of financial reports by accounts receivable and accounts payable information from the general ledger system and from departments as required.
· Assists with the compilation of financial information to prepare entries to accounts in the general and subsidiary ledgers
· Assists in month-end close related accounts receivable and payable reconciliations to the general ledger and supporting the accounting department in assuring integrity and accuracy of general ledger and financial reporting.
· Performs and/or assists with specific A/P, A/R or payroll processes in the absence of key staff members.
· Assists with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of general accounting and accounting control procedures.
· Assists with general accounting support to business organizations and with the preparation of selected work papers for various audits and reviews.
· Demonstrates technical mastery of self and organizational objectives.
· Demonstrates analytical skills: problem-solving techniques, organizing & interpreting data, presenting data to make or support a decision.
· Maintains general accounting data related to project costs in E2 or other MRP/ERP system utilized by the organization, including project labor, overhead and materials reconciliations.
· Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
· Performs other duties, activities, and special projects as required.
The complete job description will be provided to candidates during the selection process.