This position carries the primary focus of assisting the Chief Operating Officer and the Operations Team in establishing processes and procedures to ensure that the Operations work flows are balanced and meets Nomad’s goals and requirements. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) for each of the programs.
Due to the high expectations of the Operations Team, it is critical that this position emphasizes inspirational leadership, teamwork and excellence in daily work to deliver organizational goals and objectives, originally and specifically related to the Operations of Nomad GCS, but applicable to other subsequent Programs. Building organizational bridges across functional teams through positive, well communicated, professional and results-oriented strategies will be requisite to achieving success.
• Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
• Works hand-in-hand with other members of the Operations Team and Operations department.
• Works with Production team to balance flow and efficiency.
• Works with Finance to ensure all receipts and POs have the appropriate documentation.
• Works with Supply Chain to ensure flow of parts are efficient and timely.
• Works with Engineering and Production teams to effectively and efficiently produce Standard Working Instructions.
• Ability to work with multiple departments.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills and team-building.
• Strong Communication skills and follow through.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Excellent PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Ability to read CAD drawings.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
• Experience creating and editing SWIs and SOPs preferred.
• Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Owner’s Manual Creation
• Startup and Shutdown procedures of vehicles
• Delivery Documentation
• ID Plate-Serial and Model Number Creation
o Logging of vehicles on the 305 form
• Interfaces with Travelling Teams
o Team communication
• SWI and SOP creation and maintenance
• MRP/ERP operations
• Time Tracking/Traveler creation
• Operations Flow Charts - Creation and Maintenance in Visio
• Assist with efficiency improvements
• Assist all divisions of Operations – Engineering, Project Management, Supply Chain, and Production
• Assist Executive Assistant when needed
• Assist with Quality Control inspections when need
• Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
The Company's reputation for professionalism in and outside of the workplace is something that Nomad highly values. It is Nomad’s belief that a professionally run company establishes a healthy setting for the company to thrive financially and socially as related to the company's activities and interactions within the local community.
As an organization that values all of our internal and external customers, we set our operating standards to ensure that all team members are committed to consistently behaving in a manner that demonstrates our Professional and Personal Competencies in all their interactions.
• Embodies Nomad’s Core Values.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Works well in a schedule-driven environment.
• Works well in a team environment while focusing on individual tasks and priorities, utilizing highly effective time management skills.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and able to work independently.
• Consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism and leadership. Self-assesses and is self-aware of personal gaps and developmental opportunities, both technically and behaviorally.
• Ability to develop people and create motivated, passionate, high-performing work teams.
• Innovative, creative, self-starter, dependable, responsible, and accountable.
• Committed to learning in order to improve personal effectiveness.
• Consistently delivers outstanding results.
• Earns the trust and respect of subordinates and uses that trust to drive organizational effectiveness.
• Excellent communication skills, both as a speaker and as a listener. Effective across departments as well as with external Customers and Vendors.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and helps to build morale of Team.
• Incorporates an adaptive leadership style to meet demands of the current work environment and needs. Operate as a change agent to drive continual improvements.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, both oral and written.
This position requires requires constant walking at a fast pace on the production floor, up and down stairs continually, exposure to machinery and equipment usage, loud noises, exhaust fumes, temperature changes due to shop environment, and PPE usage at all times while on the production floor.
Schedule is Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wage - $15 - $17 per hour DOE
Position is FT, permanent and qualifies for full benefits.