The Human Resource Manager reports directly to the CEO and supports the organization with the overall coordination of Human Resources, Cultural Development, Safety/Compliance, Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Training/Development functions. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who can provide the human resources leadership necessary to assist us with our strategic growth plans.
• Benefits administration
• Compensation Strategy
• Performance Management
• Policies / legal compliance including EEO/Affirmative Action
• Training and Development
• Employee Relations
• Organizational Development
• HRIS / record keeping
• OSHA & EPA compliance/Safety
• Worker’s Compensation & other insurance related issues
• Local, state and federal compliance
This role requires an individual that possesses high energy, adaptability and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Ability to listen effectively to interpret, articulate, and efficiently resolve issues. Ability to investigate issues thoroughly and objectively. Ability to ensure legal and policy compliance. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with management, associates, peers, the general public, and clients. Ability to maintain high levels of professionalism and confidentiality at all times and at all levels. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, including the ability to act as a strong change agent. In addition, this role requires high levels of accountability, aggressiveness, and professional maturity.
Principle Functional Scope & Responsibilities:
• Provide team leadership consistent with the Nomad vision, mission, and goals. Coordinate human resource goals and objectives in line with the organization’s strategic plans.
• Cultural development:
o Act as the Culture Champion for the organization by providing daily support to the managers and employees that is aligned with the core values of the organization.
• Policies and Procedures:
o Assisting managers with consistent policy and procedure interpretation and implementation.
o Respond to inquiries from employees and other external customers regarding policies and procedures.
o Perform annual review of employee handbook, work with the Executive Management team to identify and implement necessary changes.
o Work hand in hand with the Production Manager, Safety Chair and the Receptionist to ensure that Safety, OSHA regulations, and Worker’s Compensation all meet compliance at all times.
o Assist and support managers with employee relations, disciplinary action and performance improvement initiatives.
o Assist and support employees with conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement initiatives.
o Identify training needs specifically designed to support managers and leaders in their growth and performance. Develop and facilitate training as needed.
o Identify employee training needs (skills gaps) and assist managers with seeking both internal and external resources for training facilitation.
o Support and represent the organization in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
o Schedule and organize internal and external training sessions and activities; maintain training records.
o Responsible for supporting retention initiatives by executing programs developed to improve employee morale and attrition.
o Assist in the development and implementation of organizational Performance Review program.
o Support managers in Performance Review efforts.
o Support and assist managers in establishing individual employee goals for team members in alignment with overall organizational goals.
o In the absence of a dedicated recruiter, responsible for all phases of recruitment including posting ads, interviewing, new hire paperwork, new employee orientation, pre-employment activities such as reference checking and pre-employment drug screening.
o Supervise and support the Receptionist.
o Provide regular updates to management as to trends and issues within the workforce and labor markets.
o Ensure HR files and forms are in compliance with internal and external government regulations, including Affirmative Action.
o Experience demonstrating general knowledge, interpretation, and application of employment laws.
o Experience supporting and implementing Affirmative Action programs.
o Oversee Unemployment, Workers Compensation, & FMLA claims to make sure company is in compliance at all times.
o Work directly with OHS to schedule and maintain pre-employment drug screening, post accident or reasonable suspicion drug testing, all in accordance with company policy and Montana law.
o Assist with the identification of staffing needs, recruitment and hiring process. Assist with new hire orientations and benefits communication.
o Provide payroll administrator with all correspondence related to payroll processing to ensure employees are paid correctly and on time.
o Administer all functions of FMLA.
o Create various reports using personnel systems and provide to the business as requested.
o Complete various forms relating to employment and wage verification.
o Prepare and work within departmental budget.
o Represents organization in community relations activities.
o Perform other related HR responsibilities as required.
o Perform special projects on an as needed basis.
o Additional duties as requested.
• Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, proficient in Microsoft Office, excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level of interpersonal skills, high regard for confidentiality, knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices and processes.
• Attention to Detail
• Multi- tasking: Manages simultaneous projects of varying complexities. In a continuous flow and deadlines environment oversee and respond, plan and manage people, and resources.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Maintains composure and ably responds to changing priorities or schedules, resources availability, unexpected/unanticipated work interruptions as may occur, adaptations and/or changes imposed at request of Management or other parts of the organization; employs sound judgment and sense of urgency; positively receives and applies corrective counseling and/or training requiring change in work processes and approach.
• Communication: Strong written, aural, verbal and reading comprehension especially oriented to inter-personal communications. Strong written skills to define, document procedures and processes and create correspondence with internal and external parties; interfaces with current and potential employees while providing a positive experience.
• Collaboration: Personal conduct contributes to a harmonious and productive workplace; committed to the success of others; communicates information at appropriate time to appropriate people which enables operations to run smoothly and productively; invites participation and input from other sources to arrive at best solutions and to foster cooperative, team oriented climate; committed to and actively supports principles of equal opportunity, values workforce diversity and supports a harassment free workplace.
• Organization: Employs planning which reasonably considers and anticipates variables; planning enables reliability in achieving objectives, meeting deadlines and overall work responsibilities; effectively uses time and resources; records ,documentation, training or other essential materials are maintained in readily retrievable order.
• Problem Analysis/Problem Solving: Ability to articulate suggestions and recommendations from the collection and analysis of relevant and current information and data.
• Self-Direction: Self-starter with minimal supervision; positive approach, self-motivated, creative with ability to work on own initiative.
• Conflict Resolution: Vigilant to situations which give rise to conflict and manages own and others’ behavior to mitigate conflict; leads by example to demonstrate how to effectively and respectfully work through differences.
• Team Building: Works effectively in team environment, collaborates to overcome obstacles, persevere in efforts, accept accountability for and executes responsibilities; personal behavior elicits respect, responsiveness from others.
• Safety Awareness: Recognizes and takes action to remove and/or avoid creation of hazards.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Typical indoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Safety glasses are required on the production floor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or other related field of concentration
• SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR
• At least 5+ years serving in a Human Resource leadership role
• Broad knowledge of HR in manufacturing industry
• Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office, experience working with Quickbooks.
• Experience demonstrating general knowledge, interpretation, and application of employment laws.