The Design Engineer’s work is a critical stage in the Engineering process. They are responsible for creating parts and assemblies and compiling them into complete production-ready project models. Accuracy and completeness must be maintained through all levels of construction in order to provide the Drafter sufficient details for their drawings, complete BOMs for Purchasing and procedural layouts for Production. Design Engineer will also be required to produce drawings depending on project load and needs within the company. All steps within the Design Engineer’s construction must meet or exceed Nomad Global Communication Solutions’ standards of excellence.
In order to achieve these results, candidates must be able to perform the following essential duties and agree to the associated responsibilities of this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Create complete solid models of each project. This will include section levels, assemblies, and parts as needed.
• Create complete and accurate BOMs of each project.
• Responsible for the creation of accurate and useful drawings for each project. This may be accomplished by utilizing the drafter.
• Create accurate parts and assemblies, complete with all assigned properties for use within top-level models.
• All documentation required for production needs to be accurate, complete and finished within established time frames as agreed upon by the operations team. The Design Engineer will have input when deciding the dates so that every department can be successful.
• Analyze proposed design changes and communicate their assessment of the proposed design changes’ effect upon engineering time, manufacturing time and the associated hard costs.
• Analyze parts and assemblies and design them to optimize cost, strength, and manufacturability as needed.
• Use FEA to analyze parts, perform stress calculations by hand, create tests to verify results, document analysis, and change parts as needed to optimize the design.
• Research, read, and understand outside standards, such as MIL-SPECs, RVIA code, NEC, etc. Document in a readily usable form the key criteria from outside standards as they apply to Nomad.
• Create, implement, supervise, and document tests to verify that designs meet customer requirements.
• Work within the established document control procedure, and suggest and implement changes as necessary. Responsible for making sure that the correct documents are available to the correct person on the manufacturing floor.
• Communicate with vendors to troubleshoot designs, get information on new designs, obtain drawings and models of components.
• Take accepted design changes and make applicable changes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Analyze proposed Change Orders and communicate their assessment of the proposed Change Order’s:
o Affect upon the project’s original design parameters
o Its feasibility given the project’s budgetary parameters and a breakdown of any associated hard costs
o The estimated engineering time for completion of the change
o The affect the change would have upon the project’s timeline
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Experience with SolidWorks
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hrs per week, primarily Monday thru Friday.
Nomad GCS, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package that includes Health Insurance with company contribution; 401(k) with a company match, PTO, Paid Holidays & much more.
Attach cover letter, resume, and college transcripts for application consideration.