BASIC FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The chief function of the IT Project Engineer is to transform the Bid documentation from Marketing and Sales, Engineering, and other departments into a set of build documents, training documents, configurations, processes and procedures, and a Build of Materials (BOM) to meet and exceed a customer’s operational goals for the communication requirements of their project.
The documentation and tools that the IT Project Engineer will create will include, but will not be limited to:
- A comprehensive Cable Runs spreadsheet that will show source and destination locations of all IT related cabling
- A Rack Layout spreadsheet that will show the mounting location and rack shelf designations of all equipment that will be mounted in the electronic(s) rack(s)
- A comprehensive Equipment Interconnects spreadsheet which will show all of the in-rack patches and patch cable types between different rack-mounted in the vehicle
- An Antenna Layout spreadsheet which will show the physical mounting locations of all RF antennas on the roof of the vehicle
- A Network Configuration spreadsheet which documents all equipment related IP addresses, serial numbers, and login credentials
- A Cable Test spreadsheet which will include all homerun cables that will need to be tested, and
- An Equipment Test spreadsheet which will include all installed IT-related equipment and antennas that will need to be tested during the Testing phase of the build
In addition, all correspondence and engineering processes will be documented in a project-specific OneNote notebook, and additional Visio block diagrams will be created.
The IT Project Engineer is responsible to:
- Release the above documents, Build of Materials, and processes and procedures to the IT Integration Team and the Procurement staff
- To assist in any changes or updates to the documents in a timely manner
- To work with the IT Integration Team to meet the Project completion and Test Phase dates agreed upon by the Project Management team during Project Meetings
- To complete device specific configurations required for the equipment to properly meet the customer's operational goals contained within the Build Specification
- To complete final testing and "sign off" of each vehicle that leaves Nomad
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform in all aspects of the business including:
- information systems engineering
- documentation creation
- research & design
- reverse engineering
- component selection
- training of end user or other Nomad employees
- project management
- and provide troubleshooting and end product support.
- Design, analyze and build prototypes that meet product requirements and customer
- Perform validation and verification testing and coordinate testing with Sales and Production
- Contribute to, review and provide feedback on specifications and conceptual drawings
- Manage IT project engineering from conception level through release for production
- Highlights Internal Technical Review (ITR) questions from original Specs & PNs
- Contribute to the External Technical Review (ETR) meeting with the end customer and Sales and Marketing
- Finalizes Specs and PNs from pre-change orders
- Conduct R&D on items not identified or being considered within change items
- Update questions in Specs and PNS
- Coordinate with Sales, any necessary, additional clarifying meetings with Client, as needed
- Provide after hours technical support for clients according to IT Engineering rotation.
- Experience in voice and data networking
- In depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Must have experience designing and implementing network design
- Must have experience with writing configurations for different communication equipment
- Must have experience in an end-user, technical support role
- Advanced computer skills to facilitate in GUI, CLI, and application-based configuration of equipment
- Must have good planning, organization, communication skills and be team oriented
- Cisco CCNA, CCNA-Voice, CCNA security certifications or greater preferred
Wage is $17.00 - $19.23 per hour starting, raises are structured over the course of a year as experience and responsibilities increase. First one at 90 days, another at 1 year if certifications and expectations are met.
This is a full time Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. position; full benefits package including group health insurance, voluntary benefits, 401k, PTO, and paid holidays.