Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Nomad Global Communication Solutions is seeking an experienced manufacturing cost accountant to join the finance team in our growing organization. The position will collect, analyze and report the cost of project manufacturing, variances by project, including manufacturer’s unit value (MUV) and product price variance (PPV), revaluation, conversion cost absorption and freight. This position will assist plant personnel in understanding variances and determining and implementing corrective actions where appropriate. This cost accountant will prepare, review and update cost centers, machine and labor rates and standard costs in ERP system for collecting data, analysis and reporting. Perform special projects analysis as required with emphasis on process improvements. Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management. Develop and prepare supplemental daily, weekly, month-end, quarterly and annual reports for management. Audit and analyze source data, such as costs of materials, labor, manufacturing conversion costs, quotes/bids and contracts for accuracy, completeness, and profitability. This position will oversee and analyze cost expenditures. This cost accountant will review existing purchases, record data, recommend new cost-efficient cost options. This position has a strong link between finance, operations and sales to implement standard cost processes and to identify variances. It will also work across different production and management teams to gather, analyze and report important manufacturing cost information. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager and will be a cohesive member of the Finance Team.
· Create project cost models to aid the decision-making process for developing and updating standard costs and the estimating processes.
· Variance analysis (reconciliation and explanation of manufacturing variances – material, scrap, labor, variable and fixed costs).
· Analyze labor, material and overhead costs against the bid, budget and/or contract documents.
· Assist with job cost month-end close, balance sheet reconciliations, project budgeting and sales forecasting.
- Conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost, margins, variance analyses, and profitability.
· Performs reporting activities throughout the month on margins, absorption, MUV and PPV and other metrics to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins.
- Develops and reviews cost analysis reports and works with manufacturing department heads to formulate corrective actions.
- Complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Maintains company accounting procedures and processes.
· Provides product cost information utilized in month end financial closing.
· Applies lean manufacturing concepts to daily work and projects.
· Serves as an advocate for continuous improvement.
· Perform ad hoc product and plant cost analysis to support operations.
· BS in accounting
· 3 to 5 years manufacturing cost accounting and hands-on ERP experience (preferable Enterprise 2(E2))
· Excellent analytical skills; ability to streamline and automate complex processes
· Excellent communication skills; strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong grasp of GAAP and standard costing concepts
· Strong Excel skills, advanced project costing modeling and analytical techniques