Overview: Nomad seeks an Information Systems Manager whose contributions will include installing, configuring, and supporting our organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor networks to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. Assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Administer and monitor network security including intrusion, detection, and surveillance. We see the individual in this position complementing our current environment and visionary in their contribution to our future. Initial primary job focus will be applied toward utilization and development of the company ERP system.
· Apply a continuous improvement mindset toward achieving a “never down goal” regarding our computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary. Demonstrate technical excellence resulting in employee/user confidence in our systems and future initiatives.
· Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
· Manage disaster recovery, redundancy, and system backups.
· Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
· Build trusted partnerships internally by training our people and optimizing our computer system, affiliated software/app use.
· Focus on exceeding expectations related to gathering data pertaining to company/customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate the system and network requirements.
· Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
· Network Monitoring & Administration software — Cisco Systems, PRTG, Nagios, SolarWinds
· Backup or archival software – VEEAM
· Virtual server management - VMWare
· Customer relationship management CRM software – Dynamics, Sales Force
· Database management & Reporting system software
· Development environment software — C; Microsoft .NET Framework; Microsoft PowerShell; Ruby, JSON, PHP
· Enterprise resource planning ERP software— Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite ERP, E2. Previous implementation experience highly desirable.
· Helpdesk or call center software
· Network security – Cisco Firewall, Cisco VPN, 802.1x, NIST-800-171
· Storage networking software
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Telecommunications — Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems
Resolve open tickets within agreed upon timelines.
Operate in a proactive environment where you seek out continuous improvement opportunities by the department.
Drive internal adoption of systems and actively train employees on techniques and processes to optimize automation capabilities.
Promote, document and anchor standard operating procedures regarding systems and software.
Contribute to new employee success by facilitating new hire training with regard to systems.