Careers at Nomad Global Communication SolutionsWhy Work at Nomad?
Nomad products and services make a definitive difference in securing and safeguarding life and property through the delivery of industry leading communication solutions and mobile command centers. Our clients include local, state, and federal emergency response teams, government agencies and many world class private businesses. Nomad’s success is a result of the trusted partnerships built between our team members and our clients. We are a growing company with a team-oriented atmosphere that is passionate about creating a rewarding work environment and delivery mission focused solutions to our customers.
Candidates should share our passion for finding solutions to complex problems and excel at working in a fast-paced environment. Our skilled team includes structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, IT integrators and network engineers, welders, electricians, carpenters, CNC operators, solution oriented account executives, project managers, procurement specialists and finance and administrative professionals. We seek team members who are excited about collaborating and share our values:
Excellence in Everything
Nomad Global Communications Solutions, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits, including health insurance, PTO, a matching 401K retirement plan and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing organization. We are located in the beautiful Flathead Valley of Northwestern Montana and only minutes from Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park, and Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. Along with its incredible beauty, the valley is a great place to raise a family and enjoy the great outdoors.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Nomad GCS, Inc. fully subscribes to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Nomad GCS, Inc. promotes a drug free work environment.
BASIC FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The chief function of the IT Project Engineer is to transform the Bid documentation from Marketing and Sales, Engineering, and other departments into a set of build documents, training documents, configurations, processes and procedures, and a Build of Materials (BOM) to meet and exceed a customer’s operational goals for the communication requirements of their project.
The documentation and tools that the IT Project Engineer will create will include, but will not be limited to:
- A comprehensive Cable Runs spreadsheet that will show source and destination locations of all IT related cabling
- A Rack Layout spreadsheet that will show the mounting location and rack shelf designations of all equipment that will be mounted in the electronic(s) rack(s)
- A comprehensive Equipment Interconnects spreadsheet which will show all of the in-rack patches and patch cable types between different rack-mounted in the vehicle
- An Antenna Layout spreadsheet which will show the physical mounting locations of all RF antennas on the roof of the vehicle
- A Network Configuration spreadsheet which documents all equipment related IP addresses, serial numbers, and login credentials
- A Cable Test spreadsheet which will include all homerun cables that will need to be tested, and
- An Equipment Test spreadsheet which will include all installed IT-related equipment and antennas that will need to be tested during the Testing phase of the build
In addition, all correspondence and engineering processes will be documented in a project-specific OneNote notebook, and additional Visio block diagrams will be created.
The IT Project Engineer is responsible to:
- Release the above documents, Build of Materials, and processes and procedures to the IT Integration Team and the Procurement staff
- To assist in any changes or updates to the documents in a timely manner
- To work with the IT Integration Team to meet the Project completion and Test Phase dates agreed upon by the Project Management team during Project Meetings
- To complete device specific configurations required for the equipment to properly meet the customer's operational goals contained within the Build Specification
- To complete final testing and "sign off" of each vehicle that leaves Nomad
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONAL SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES:Perform in all aspects of the business including:
- information systems engineering
- documentation creation
- research & design
- reverse engineering
- component selection
- training of end user or other Nomad employees
- project management
- and provide troubleshooting and end product support.
- Design, analyze and build prototypes that meet product requirements and customer
- Perform validation and verification testing and coordinate testing with Sales and Production
- Contribute to, review and provide feedback on specifications and conceptual drawings
- Manage IT project engineering from conception level through release for production
- Highlights Internal Technical Review (ITR) questions from original Specs & PNs
- Contribute to the External Technical Review (ETR) meeting with the end customer and Sales and Marketing
- Finalizes Specs and PNs from pre-change orders
- Conduct R&D on items not identified or being considered within change items
- Update questions in Specs and PNS
- Coordinate with Sales, any necessary, additional clarifying meetings with Client, as needed
- Provide after hours technical support for clients according to IT Engineering rotation.
- Experience in voice and data networking
- In depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Must have experience designing and implementing network design
- Must have experience with writing configurations for different communication equipment
- Must have experience in an end-user, technical support role
- Advanced computer skills to facilitate in GUI, CLI, and application-based configuration of equipment
- Must have good planning, organization, communication skills and be team oriented
- Cisco CCNA, CCNA-Voice, CCNA security certifications or greater preferred
This is a full time Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. position; full benefits package including group health insurance, voluntary benefits, 401k, PTO, and paid holidays.
Within the marketing scope of responsibilities:
Schedule - primarily Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Benefits - In addition to the benefit of building one of the most purposeful and unique products in the world, Nomad GCS, Inc. offers a very competitive benefits package that includes PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Group Health Insurance, and Voluntary Benefits – VSP Vision, Delta Dental, AFLAC.
• Manufacturing environment, work station may be located in an open area within the plant.
• Temperature inside the building may fluctuate depending on the outside temperature.
• Ability to spend the majority of the day walking at a fast pace throughout the manufacturing facility.
• Ability to climb inside the units, under the units, and often times on top of the units for inspection purposes.
• Ability and willingness to utilize all PPE required to perform duties safely.
This is a full time, permanent position that qualifies for a full benefits package.
Wage and schedule will be discussed at the time of interview.
• Report directly to the Special Operations’ Team Manager.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES: