Careers at Nomad Global Communication SolutionsWhy Work at Nomad?
Nomad products and services make a definitive difference in securing and safeguarding life and property through the delivery of industry leading communication solutions and mobile command centers. Our clients include local, state, and federal emergency response teams, government agencies and many world class private businesses. Nomad’s success is a result of the trusted partnerships built between our team members and our clients. We are a growing company with a team-oriented atmosphere that is passionate about creating a rewarding work environment and delivery mission focused solutions to our customers.
Candidates should share our passion for finding solutions to complex problems and excel at working in a fast-paced environment. Our skilled team includes structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, IT integrators and network engineers, welders, electricians, carpenters, CNC operators, solution oriented account executives, project managers, procurement specialists and finance and administrative professionals. We seek team members who are excited about collaborating and share our values:
Excellence in Everything
Nomad Global Communications Solutions, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits, including health insurance, PTO, a matching 401K retirement plan and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing organization. We are located in the beautiful Flathead Valley of Northwestern Montana and only minutes from Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park, and Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. Along with its incredible beauty, the valley is a great place to raise a family and enjoy the great outdoors.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Nomad GCS, Inc. fully subscribes to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Nomad GCS, Inc. promotes a drug free work environment.
Nomad Global Communication Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matter. Please review our website at http://nomadgcs.com/
POSITION DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT I
OVERVIEW: Under the supervision of the Finance Manager and/or the Management Staff Accountant, this position performs a variety of accounting functions including, but not limited to preparing and posting entry-level vendor or customer invoices when all of the supporting documentation has been received and compiled, processing payments to vendors or payments received from customers, and maintaining positive, high-quality vendor/customer relations.
· Assists the Finance Department to meet departmental tasks and goals in a team environment.
· Sustain effective work relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation, collaboration, and cooperation are used to solve problems.
· Assists with the preparation of financial reports by accounts receivable and accounts payable information from the general ledger system and from departments as required.
· Assists with the compilation of financial information to prepare entries to accounts in the general and subsidiary ledgers
· Assists in month-end close related accounts receivable and payable reconciliations to the general ledger and supporting the accounting department in assuring integrity and accuracy of general ledger and financial reporting.
· Performs and/or assists with specific A/P, A/R or payroll processes in the absence of key staff members.
· Assists with establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of general accounting and accounting control procedures.
· Assists with general accounting support to business organizations and with the preparation of selected work papers for various audits and reviews.
· Demonstrates technical mastery of self and organizational objectives.
· Demonstrates analytical skills: problem-solving techniques, organizing & interpreting data, presenting data to make or support a decision.
· Maintains general accounting data related to project costs in E2 or other MRP/ERP system utilized by the organization, including project labor, overhead and materials reconciliations.
· Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
· Performs other duties, activities, and special projects as required.
The complete job description will be provided to candidates during the selection process.
Position: Technical Buyer - Purchasing
Reports To: Supply Chain Manager/Quality of Control Manager
Nomad Global Communications Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team.
The Technical Buyer position requires an additional skill set and knowledge base beyond the scope of a Buyer II. Sourcing is much different from purchasing or procurement. Sourcing is the act of finding suppliers of raw materials, hardware and components, assemblies, elements, vehicles, etc. from general descriptions or incomplete definitions. As such, the Technical Buyer must have a broad based knowledge of materials, components, vehicles, and manufacturing process. To be fully effective in this position, the Technical Buyer must be able to source these items quickly and efficiently, under short lead-time constraints, and still be able to execute a fair negotiation with an equitable pricing.
· Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplies reputation and history.
· Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
· Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
· Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
· Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods. As well as monitor inventory count.
· Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
· Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisition for goods and services
· Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
· Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of goods and services.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
· Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and a demonstrated willingness and ability to practice them throughout his/her time at Nomad GCS, Inc.
· Knowledge of business and management principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, seas, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, managing files and records, operate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, and other office procedures and terminology.
· Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes find a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.)
· Deductive Reasoning – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
· Negotiating – The ability to meet to meet both parties needs (to an extent.) Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences by being persuasive.
· Technology Savvy – The comprehensiveness of computer knowledge & certain program knowledge on how to maneuver and operate successfully.
· Oral & Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing, such as sales contracts. The ability to give full attention to what other people are saying & take time in understanding the points being made, and asking questions when appropriate without interrupting.
· Processing Information - Excellent at process information correctly, such as compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, and verifying information or data.
· While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk. Employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
· Typical indoor manufacturing environment. Noise level is usually moderate. Safety glasses required when on Production floor.
Qualifications & Experience:
· High School Graduate, diploma or GED received. College preferred.
· Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Programs and ERP software, (E2 preferred.)
· Prefer experience demonstrating knowledge, interpretation, and application of contractual agreements.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.