Careers at Nomad Global Communication SolutionsWhy Work at Nomad?
Nomad products and services make a definitive difference in securing and safeguarding life and property through the delivery of industry leading communication solutions and mobile command centers. Our clients include local, state, and federal emergency response teams, government agencies and many world class private businesses. Nomad’s success is a result of the trusted partnerships built between our team members and our clients. We are a growing company with a team-oriented atmosphere that is passionate about creating a rewarding work environment and delivery mission focused solutions to our customers.
Candidates should share our passion for finding solutions to complex problems and excel at working in a fast-paced environment. Our skilled team includes structural, mechanical and electrical engineers, IT integrators and network engineers, welders, electricians, carpenters, CNC operators, solution oriented account executives, project managers, procurement specialists and finance and administrative professionals. We seek team members who are excited about collaborating and share our values:
Excellence in Everything
Nomad Global Communications Solutions, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits, including health insurance, PTO, a matching 401K retirement plan and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing organization. We are located in the beautiful Flathead Valley of Northwestern Montana and only minutes from Flathead Lake, Glacier National Park, and Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort. Along with its incredible beauty, the valley is a great place to raise a family and enjoy the great outdoors.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Nomad GCS, Inc. fully subscribes to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Nomad GCS, Inc. promotes a drug free work environment.
Within the marketing scope of responsibilities:
Schedule - primarily Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Benefits - In addition to the benefit of building one of the most purposeful and unique products in the world, Nomad GCS, Inc. offers a very competitive benefits package that includes PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k), Group Health Insurance, and Voluntary Benefits – VSP Vision, Delta Dental, AFLAC.
This position will also assist with the maintenance of vendor and customer accounts, lower level accounting tasks with monthly and quarterly closing, payroll and payroll reporting, A/P processing including posting invoices, and processing payments by check, electronic transfers or credit cards, A/R processing including billing and collection, and providing supporting documentation for fixed assets classification and depreciation, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
Provides backup documentation for the analysis and preparation of financial documentation, including balance sheets and statements of financial position. Other general accounting duties will be assigned when appropriate. Must exhibit willingness to learn and be cross trained in other various accounting functions. Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to proactively take on new and varied responsibilities. Ability to effectively work across all functional and management teams in a positive, professional and results-oriented manner.
Wage is $13.50 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Full time, permanent position, qualifies for full benefits package including group health insurance, paid holidays, PTO, and 401(k).
• Manufacturing environment, work station may be located in an open area within the plant.
• Temperature inside the building may fluctuate depending on the outside temperature.
• Ability to spend the majority of the day walking at a fast pace throughout the manufacturing facility.
• Ability to climb inside the units, under the units, and often times on top of the units for inspection purposes.
• Ability and willingness to utilize all PPE required to perform duties safely.
This is a full time, permanent position that qualifies for a full benefits package.
Wage and schedule will be discussed at the time of interview.
• Report directly to the Special Operations’ Team Manager.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
This role requires an individual that possesses high energy, adaptability and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Ability to listen effectively to interpret, articulate, and efficiently resolve issues. Ability to investigate issues thoroughly and objectively. Ability to ensure legal and policy compliance. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with management, associates, peers, the general public, and clients. Ability to maintain high levels of professionalism and confidentiality at all times and at all levels. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, including the ability to act as a strong change agent. In addition, this role requires high levels of accountability, aggressiveness, and professional maturity.
Principle Functional Scope & Responsibilities:
• Cultural development:
o Act as the Culture Champion for the organization by providing daily support to the managers and employees that is aligned with the core values of the organization.
o Assisting managers with consistent policy and procedure interpretation and implementation.o Respond to inquiries from employees and other external customers regarding policies and procedures.o Perform annual review of employee handbook, work with the Executive Management team to identify and implement necessary changes.
o Work hand in hand with the Production Manager, Safety Chair and the Receptionist to ensure that Safety, OSHA regulations, and Worker’s Compensation all meet compliance at all times.
o Assist and support managers with employee relations, disciplinary action and performance improvement initiatives.o Assist and support employees with conflict resolution, disciplinary action and performance improvement initiatives.
o Identify training needs specifically designed to support managers and leaders in their growth and performance. Develop and facilitate training as needed.o Identify employee training needs (skills gaps) and assist managers with seeking both internal and external resources for training facilitation.o Support and represent the organization in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.o Schedule and organize internal and external training sessions and activities; maintain training records.o Responsible for supporting retention initiatives by executing programs developed to improve employee morale and attrition.
o Assist in the development and implementation of organizational Performance Review program.o Support managers in Performance Review efforts.o Support and assist managers in establishing individual employee goals for team members in alignment with overall organizational goals.
o In the absence of a dedicated recruiter, responsible for all phases of recruitment including posting ads, interviewing, new hire paperwork, new employee orientation, pre-employment activities such as reference checking and pre-employment drug screening.
o Supervise and support the Receptionist.
o Provide regular updates to management as to trends and issues within the workforce and labor markets.o Ensure HR files and forms are in compliance with internal and external government regulations, including Affirmative Action.o Experience demonstrating general knowledge, interpretation, and application of employment laws.o Experience supporting and implementing Affirmative Action programs.o Oversee Unemployment, Workers Compensation, & FMLA claims to make sure company is in compliance at all times.o Work directly with OHS to schedule and maintain pre-employment drug screening, post accident or reasonable suspicion drug testing, all in accordance with company policy and Montana law.o Assist with the identification of staffing needs, recruitment and hiring process. Assist with new hire orientations and benefits communication.o Provide payroll administrator with all correspondence related to payroll processing to ensure employees are paid correctly and on time.o Administer all functions of FMLA.o Create various reports using personnel systems and provide to the business as requested.o Complete various forms relating to employment and wage verification.o Prepare and work within departmental budget.o Represents organization in community relations activities.o Perform other related HR responsibilities as required.o Perform special projects on an as needed basis.o Additional duties as requested.
This position carries the primary focus of assisting the Chief Operating Officer and the Operations Team in establishing processes and procedures to ensure that the Operations work flows are balanced and meets Nomad’s goals and requirements. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) for each of the programs.
Due to the high expectations of the Operations Team, it is critical that this position emphasizes inspirational leadership, teamwork and excellence in daily work to deliver organizational goals and objectives, originally and specifically related to the Operations of Nomad GCS, but applicable to other subsequent Programs. Building organizational bridges across functional teams through positive, well communicated, professional and results-oriented strategies will be requisite to achieving success.
• Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
• Works hand-in-hand with other members of the Operations Team and Operations department.
• Works with Production team to balance flow and efficiency.
• Works with Finance to ensure all receipts and POs have the appropriate documentation.
• Works with Supply Chain to ensure flow of parts are efficient and timely.
• Works with Engineering and Production teams to effectively and efficiently produce Standard Working Instructions.
• Ability to work with multiple departments.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills and team-building.
• Strong Communication skills and follow through.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Excellent PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications
• Ability to read CAD drawings.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
• Experience creating and editing SWIs and SOPs preferred.
• Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Owner’s Manual Creation
• Startup and Shutdown procedures of vehicles
• Delivery Documentation
• ID Plate-Serial and Model Number Creation
o Logging of vehicles on the 305 form
• Interfaces with Travelling Teams
o Inventoryo Shippingo Retrofitso Team communicationo Troubleshooting
• SWI and SOP creation and maintenance
• MRP/ERP operations
• Time Tracking/Traveler creation
• Operations Flow Charts - Creation and Maintenance in Visio
• Assist with efficiency improvements
• Assist all divisions of Operations – Engineering, Project Management, Supply Chain, and Production
• Assist Executive Assistant when needed
• Assist with Quality Control inspections when need
• Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
The Company's reputation for professionalism in and outside of the workplace is something that Nomad highly values. It is Nomad’s belief that a professionally run company establishes a healthy setting for the company to thrive financially and socially as related to the company's activities and interactions within the local community.
As an organization that values all of our internal and external customers, we set our operating standards to ensure that all team members are committed to consistently behaving in a manner that demonstrates our Professional and Personal Competencies in all their interactions.
• Embodies Nomad’s Core Values.
• Works well in a schedule-driven environment.
• Works well in a team environment while focusing on individual tasks and priorities, utilizing highly effective time management skills.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and able to work independently.
• Consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism and leadership. Self-assesses and is self-aware of personal gaps and developmental opportunities, both technically and behaviorally.
• Ability to develop people and create motivated, passionate, high-performing work teams.
• Innovative, creative, self-starter, dependable, responsible, and accountable.
• Committed to learning in order to improve personal effectiveness.
• Consistently delivers outstanding results.
• Earns the trust and respect of subordinates and uses that trust to drive organizational effectiveness.
• Excellent communication skills, both as a speaker and as a listener. Effective across departments as well as with external Customers and Vendors.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and helps to build morale of Team.
• Incorporates an adaptive leadership style to meet demands of the current work environment and needs. Operate as a change agent to drive continual improvements.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, both oral and written.
This position requires requires constant walking at a fast pace on the production floor, up and down stairs continually, exposure to machinery and equipment usage, loud noises, exhaust fumes, temperature changes due to shop environment, and PPE usage at all times while on the production floor.
Schedule is Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wage - $15 - $17 per hour DOE
Position is FT, permanent and qualifies for full benefits.